Monday, May 3, 2010

Miley Cyrus could be tossing the bubble gum pop out.


Two things come to mind when people claim an artist has "matured on this song." The first one is the song will be slower and less superficial. The other is the jaw dropper like Christina Aguilera's transformation from "Genie in a bottle" to "Dirrty." Miley seems to have taken the latter route minus the bed hair, bikini bottoms and chaps. But then again, I haven't seen the video for "Can't Be Tamed" yet.

After listening to the song about 4 or 5 times, I can't really find any overt references to sexual conquests, positions or actions. "Can't Be Tamed" still has all of the angst, from pop stars, when it comes to their refusal to be changed and their annoyance to the attention that has made them famous. I think we're all used to the "bite the hand that feeds you" concept. I think its the new form of humility and modesty, but I digress... The strangest thing is that I'm so used to raunch being in pop songs that it doesn't sound right without any. Or maybe I've just been desensitized. If this is Miley maturing, I'd like to hear more of this.

*photo by Splash News

More info here

0 comments: