Monday, May 24, 2010

Death, crime, Lindsay Lohan.... want to get away?


Good Morning! Definitely not the words I heard today. Between a dying iMac at home, Simon Monjack (Britany Murphy's husband) being found dead of suspicious circumstances, Fergie (the Duchess of York) selling access to Prince Andrew, Lindsay Lohan scared to death about facing the judge in her court case (that could be funny) and rain in the forecast, I need a pick me up.

"Drink some coffee!" is usually what people say, but I'm not a coffee drinker. Some music should do the trick. Yesterday, some folks on facebook started one of those long status repeaters where each person says the line of a song. It was that green day song where they are all in the asylum and wearing masks. I remembered the song but couldn't remember the lyric that went next so when I went looking for it online, I typed in "Sick Day" not "Green Day." Well, "Sick Day" from Shiragirl popped up. "Sick Day" is her first single and one of those easy going pop punk songs, but since I'm listening to pop punk, I'm going to be anti establishment and not talk about her first single. I think she has a jewel with "Anthem."

It reminds me of the mid 90's Green Day, Blink 182, Rancid and others. Nothing too serious as a topic, fast guitars, putting your hair up in a mohawk in the shower, overall defiance of your parents, hating school and getting that rush from speeding for the first time knowing it could end in disaster, but you did it anyawy. I wonder if anyone would tell the boss if I decided to skateboard down the hall right quick. Sitting at my desk is all well and good but "Anthem" requires headphones and some activity to get the full effect.

Shiragirl's Website

*Photo by Shiragirl.com

2 comments:

DIY Life Forever (:~ said...

Sick Day is my favorite. "I don't wanna be here..." is how I feel sometimes - and I'm not a student, I teach! ;)

Anonymous said...

lol Anthem takes me back to getting kicked out of the park for skateboarding.