Friday, April 30, 2010

Rappers not so hard when it comes to Freddy Krueger


If the original "A Nightmare on Elm Street" could scare rappers E-40 and Chamillionare, what will the new one do? I have to admit that it scared me too. And even at the ripe old age of 29, I still have a fear of waking up to find a dark figure moving towards me in the night.

Does anyone remember Will Smith's song "A Nightmare on My Street?" As I was typing this, I listened to the first 4 seconds and it brought back a bad memory of being home alone when this came on the radio. I knew the song would get stuck in my head so I tried to run and change the knob on the radio before the 10 second mark. The door was closer than the radio. I ran out of the house and waited for the song to go off before I would go back in the house. People thought I was a strange kid running laps around the parking lot singing Michael Jackson's "Beat it."

Thank you, rappers. Now I know I wasn't the only one. Anyone want to go see the New Nightmare on Elm Street? I promise to only jump in your lap once.

Rappers not too fond of Freddy

*Photo by Yahoo.com

0 comments: