Thursday, September 17, 2009

Patrick Swayze's Book Reflects on His Life

America has been saddened by the loss of another great pop culture icon. Patrick Swayze, 57, lost his 20 month battle against pancreatic cancer this week. The popular Hollywood actor was best known for his role as Johnny Castle in the 80s cult classic, Dirty Dancing.

His memoir, The Time of My Life,will be released on September 29th. The book was co-written by his wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi, and contains excerpts that have been received by NBC News and People Magazine.



In the memoir, Swayze wrote, "I began thinking to myself that I’ve had more lifetimes than any 10 people put together, and it’s been an amazing ride. So this is okay."

What an inspiring spirit! This man obviously had an interesting take on life and death. You can read more from Patrick Swayze's point-of- view in his memoir, The Time of My Life. Pre-order your copy from BarnesandNoble.com.

0 comments: