Thursday, July 23, 2009

Whitney Houston Brings 'I Look To You' Album To New York

Whitney Houston(image via billboard.com)
Whitney Houston held a listening event for her upcoming album, "I Look To You," last night (July 21) at Lincoln Center's Allen Room in New York City. Hosted by Clive Davis, the event was attended by Swizz Beatz, Alicia Keys, L.A. Reid, Martha Stewart, Diane Sawyer, Gayle King, Steve Harvey, Monica, R. Kelly, Vivica Fox and Freddie Jackson, among many others.

A total of nine songs off the album were played, starting with the Beatz-produced and Keys-penned "Million Dollar Bill," a club-friendly track which finds Houston belting lyrics like, "if he makes you feel like a million dollar bill, say oh oh."

Other songs premiered at the event included a cover of the Leon Russell track, "A Song For You" and the R. Kelly-written "Salute." R. Kelly also wrote the title track, produced by Tricky Stewart and Harvey Mason Jr.

A similar event was held in London last week.

Here is the track-listing for "I Look For You":

"Million Dollar Bill"
"Nothin' But Love"
"Call You Tonight"
"I Look To You"
"Like I Never Left" (featuring Akon)
"A Song For You"
"I Didn't Know My Own Strength"
"Worth It"
"For The Lovers"
"I Got You"

(Article via billboard.com)

0 comments: