Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Coming Soon: Notorious

Check out the trailer for the upcoming Notorious B.I.G. biopic, Notorious, which is set to release on January 16, 2009! The film documents the life of one of the greatest, most controversial American rappers of our time--The Notorious B.I.G.

Notorious is being distributed by Fox Searchlight Pictures, and producers on the film include Sean "Diddy" Combs, Voletta Wallace (Biggie's mother) and Biggie's former managers Wayne Barrow and Mark Pitts.




According to various sources; Rapper, Beanie Sigel, auditioned for the lead role but was not picked. Sean Kingston claimed that he would play the role of Biggie but producers have denied he would be in the film. Eventually it was announced that rapper Jamal "Gravy" Woolard cast as Biggie.

Other cast members include Angela Bassett as Voletta Wallace, Derek Luke as Sean Combs, Anwan Glover as Snoop Doggy Dogg, Antonique Smith as Faith Evans, Naturi Naughton (formerly of 3LW) as Lil' Kim, Edwin Freeman as Mister Cee and Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur.

Bad Boy Records will also release a soundtrack album to the film on January 13, 2009; the album will contain hit singles of B.I.G. such as "Hypnotize", "Juicy", and "Warning" as well as rarities.

Will you go see this film? Our prediction for the next big music biopic: The Life and Times of Tupac Shakur, perhaps? Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Ron said...

I can't wait to see this movie!! This is a time when I can honestly say I appreciated rap music, now it all sounds the same!!

Ron Hill
York, PA

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Ron. I really want to see this movie. I listened to the late, great Biggie growing up--back when hip-hop was real...not the garbage that's on the T.V. and radio nowadays.
I just hope this movie is not a disappointment!

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for this drop. Biggie was an icon in the hip hop world. Now a film needs to be made about Tupac. Biggie and Tupac, raps greatest rappers EVER!

CK said...

This movie was ok. It basically rehashed everything we already new about biggie smalls. I also expected to have heard some new material from the late rapper -- like they've done with 2pac.

Christian Karasiewicz